Sunday, April 25, 2010

Let go of what you know - John of the Cross

This day has lasted lots longer than 24 hours. I have really had a tough time with this directive. Letting go is hard enough, but letting go of what one knows is trumatic. I have spent many hours looking internally at my life and the things that I think I know for sure. It turns out that these things have been keeping my soul grounded and not allowing me to soar as God has directed me. Realizing that things which I would have fought to prove were absolutes were just "straw" as St. Thomas Aquinas would say. It was all straw that dries up and is blow away with the first breeze.

Internal searching is very difficult and facing the fact that I don't really know anything has been hard. Studies have kept me busy but without letting go of my personal agenda, they have proven to be tedious instead of educating. I have found that doing without such things as tv has given me much more time to reflect and relax with God. I don't know where all this finally end but I know that it will end happily.

No comments:

Post a Comment